Our journey back was fairly uneventful, except for when I lost Melissa for about an hour in the Dublin airport. I had turned around to go buy a magazine before going through customs and Melissa thought that I realized she was going to get in line. When I returned to the line, she was not in sight and I thought she had gone to buy gum for the plane ride. So, I searched for her for about a half an hour, thinking there was no way she would go through without me. I finally decided she had gone down so I went through the line and then decided I couldn't go all the way through without taking one more look around, so I was let back out and searched around the area. I didn't see her, so I decided to go against my gut and just go downstairs and get through customs to our gate, hoping she would be there. She was! I was very relieved because we had no way of communicating with each other and apparently she thought that I knew she was getting in line as soon as I returned, but began to wonder when I didn't come down. At any rate, that was the most exciting traveling adventure.
We met some interesting people on the second flight. I sat next to a neural surgeon who talked to me all about his ranch in South Carolina where he and his wife have a program allowing physically handicapped and troubled kids to come work with the horses as therapy. He was very interested in what life in Alaska was like and asked about Sarah Palin. Actually, a lot of people in Ireland asked about Sarah Palin. I was surprised to find that people in Ireland had more familiarity with Alaska and what it is like here than a lot of people I have met from the states. It was a wonderful trip, all in all, and we have many good memories. I am in the process of loading photos onto my computer. There are many! I have posted some of them here, but will put the rest of them online soon and post a link when I do. I hope you will enjoy looking through them and sharing in our adventures! We are glad to be home!









Yay!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for a wonderful trip!
Yay for a safe flight!
Yay that they're back!
Yay that they went!
I'm so excited to hear all the stories, guys!
i do believe these are the only pictures i've seen of you, ivy, in which you are not making crazy faces.
ReplyDelete